Friday, September 7, 2012

Turkeys

I had some sort of wacky nightmare last night, and woke up to Ryan shaking me just as I realized the screams I had thought I had only been uttering in my dream were in fact actually coming out of my mouth. Weird. I never have nightmares. I wonder what that was all about? I did fall back to sleep but between that, Sam waking up, and the two cats roaming around the bed all night, it wasn't a very restful one, and I woke up feeling more tired than I had when I had gone to bed! Aie.

Lack of energy led to a slow loop around the Heath Loop on a foggy, humid morning, but I did get a good smile in when I saw a big group of turkeys roaming around in the Mt. Ararat woods on the way out. I counted 17 of them! The Heath was, of course, also beautiful - the cotton sedge set against the turning grasses, and the spider webs sparkling with the morning dew.

Perhaps I can just will myself to sleep well tonight, what do you think? Or do some sort of sleep dance?! There's got to be something like that that will work, right?! :-) Any ideas, let me know!

No comments: