Friday, September 14, 2012

Foggy

I was determined to get up and out early this morning so that I could get my miles in. The alarm went off a little before 5:30am, and a little before 6:00, just as there was starting to be a hint of light in the sky, I was pulling on my shoes and ready to sneak out of the house into the semi-darkness. Sam must have had some sort of sixth sense that I was getting ready to go as she chose that exact time to wake up and cry out for me. I went upstairs, hoping I could get her back to sleep for a bit longer, but alas, she was awake. We lay there for a while, cuddled up, her hands curled around my hair, breathing together in the darkness, before she finally asked to get dressed and go downstairs. We sat on the couch and read stories until Ryan came down a little later, only partially awake but ready to take over story duty so that I could go out the door. Thanks honey :-) And so it was that I finally headed out around 6:30, into the fog and mist. I ran down the powerlines and back for 6 miles. I scared up two deer on the way down the hill after Rt. 24, and they were there again on my return - must have been some good eating there in the brush! - and I saw an inquisitive little chipmunk poke his head over the edge of the sand, but otherwise all was quiet. Glad to have gotten out for a decent run to cap off this "rest" week. Hoping to get in some good mileage next week, starting with a long run down on the Stonecat course on Sunday morning while we're visiting with Ryan's family!

3 comments:

Scout said...

Sounds like a win-win morning; snuggling time with Sam and a great run with creatures :D

Anonymous said...

awwww....for this morning!

SC running should be great!


Ann

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Man that just sounds too early!