Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Crisp

Ryan has been making fun of me the past few mornings because I've been saying it's cold! It's not that I don't like the cold, it is simply that it was such a swift change from muggy, heavy, humid air to the lovely crispness of fall, and my body needs a bit of time to adjust! But in any event, this crisp fall weather is wonderful for running! I got out for a quick 4 miles on the powerlines this morning. I had hoped to get out at first light and get in a few more miles, but surprise, surprise, that didn't quite happen :-) Instead, I slept in a bit, cuddled with Sam in bed and hung out with her for a bit before heading out around 7:30. I really didn't feel great when I woke up - my back was stiff, my hips were stiff, my leg was tight. Sigh. But Sam suggested that we do a bit of "rolling" before I went out - we are teaching her well, are we not?! :-) - so roll we did, with her on my lap and then her next to me, rolling on her stomach while I tried to work the kinks out of my back. It did help loosen things up a bit - such a smart little girl! - and the run went fairly well. I got a leg massage before heading into work and that helped too! Ahhh. Lovely!

No comments: