Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Oppressive

I didn't sleep last night, maybe because after a few days/nights of cool and crisp air, things went back to feeling heavy and humid as the remains of Tropical Storm Issac rolled into the state yesterday. When Sam and I woke up this morning, it was dark and dreary out, with a low fog and the thermometer reading 71. Ugh.

I headed out for a run after dropping Sam off at daycare, but I really wasn't feeling it. I was tired. My legs felt heavy. It felt like the humidity was literally weighing me down. I had felt so wonderful on Monday's run, which made today's run feel all the more terrible. Oh well. A heavy rain started to fall with around a mile to go. The cool raindrops felt good on my skin, but didn't help much with the air quality. I made my way slowly through 4 miles and called it good. Hopefully it will be a better, and lighter feeling, run tomorrow!

No comments: