Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Even with No Humidity...

... 83 degrees is still darn hot! I didn't get out for a run early this morning because we decided to head into Wallace to Shawn's Restaurant for some good 'ol southern cooking. The restaurant reeks of bacon and grease, with a little bit of old smoke smell thrown in for good measure. Smoking in restaurants was finally outlawed down here a few years ago, but that smell still lingers... Sam must be having a growth spurt because she polished off a whole Belgian Waffle, minus one or two small strips, complete with a whole lot of syrup, and we all enjoyed deliciously buttery biscuits, among other treats. After breakfast, Ryan and my dad headed off to play golf, and Sam, Neenie and I headed up to the playground for a little playtime, followed up by some time in the pool. Sam did great in the water - she even put her head back into the water while Mom was holding onto her!

So, it wasn't until a little before 2pm, once Sam was asleep and my lunch had settled, that I headed out for my run. I ran down to the River Lodge, along the nature trail and back on the roads. It was hot. Luckily, it's a pretty quiet development, so I was able to weave through the streets finding the shade :-) I didn't feel very spunky, so even though I thought the loop would be 6 miles and it only turned out to be 5.25 back to the house, I stopped instead of running around in circles to get in the extra 0.75 miles. Hmmm, maybe I'm not such a crazy runner after all :-)

No comments: