Monday, September 10, 2012

Creak Creak

I probably should have done some sort of cool down yesterday, but I was so cold after standing around for a few minutes after the race, soaked in sweat in the oddly humid but cool weather, that all I wanted to do was go get into dry clothes. I could definitely tell I raced (and didn't cool down) yesterday, as the legs weren't in the mood to move at all this morning when I headed out for my run. I got in a very creaky 4.25 miles around the Heath. It was slow going, but on the upside, it was only 54 degrees! And I wore long sleeves! And I was comfortable in said long sleeves! Hurray fall!

Speaking of fall, Story Time at Pineland Farms started up again this morning after a summer hiatus, so that is where Sam and I headed. Sam still doesn't quite have the attention span to sit quietly through all the stories, despite the snack break and the activity time, but it's still a fun activity for us and a nice thing to do on a Monday morning when we're around. Plus, Sam loves stopping at the market for their ginger molasses cookies - yum!

This morning, the coloring page was that of an apple tree, and the woman running the story hour commented on how much Sam's coloring skills have progressed since we saw her last in mid-May. Indeed, although she doesn't really stay in the lines, she definitely now "gets" the whole idea of coloring each part of the picture, although of course with her own flair - I especially love the blue tree trunk :-)



2 comments:

unstrung said...

Blue tree trunk ftw. I love kids+crayons. And great job at the Bruiser. :>

mindy said...

I second the blue tree trunk and great run at the Bruiser. Yay fall!!