Sunday, September 23, 2012

Travelin'

It's official. 4:00 am is way too early to be up! But all in all, today's traveling went very smoothly, Sam was a superstar, and we arrived, tired but happy, in NC on time. Of course, it took us a while to get out of the terminal because Sam wanted to ride the moving walkways, and then we had to change from pull-ups to undies, etc etc. After our bathroom break, Sam shouted out to Ryan, "I'm wearing my undies!" right in front of a poor, unsuspecting older man. He sort of shook his head, and I smiled and said, "I bet you really didn't need to know that, did you?" He laughed. At least Sam is cute, so she can get away with these things :-) Ha!

Gotta love big backpacks :-)

Getting a ride at the playground on Pippi's shoulders

On the train

After a stop at a very cool Raleigh park for a picnic, a train ride and a little playtime, plus a stop at a big farmer's market, we made our way to my parent's house. Sam settled in happily playing with the toys they have, and Ryan and I snuck out for a quick run. It was about 4:00pm, the sun was shining and although there was a nice breeze and it wasn't humid, it felt hot! The sun certainly is still very intense down here at this time of year. We got in 4 miles along the roads and on the path along the berm at a brisk pace considering the late hour, the early start and the traveling. We were bombed by butterflies and grasshoppers along the berm, saw lots of turtles in the ponds, scared up one Great Blue Heron and noted a number of bluebirds flitting about. 

And with that, I'm headed to get my stuff ready for tomorrow's long run and then go to bed! I'm beat!

No comments: