Sunday, October 30, 2011

Snow and Slush

After all the hype, we ended up with about 3" of wet snow here at our house. That being said, it did end up being a pretty messy storm, with some really heavy, wet snow and high winds, and we were lucky to not lose power. I had really been looking forward to meeting up with Mindy and Valerie this morning at Bradbury for a run, but it just didn't seem like a good idea, getting in the car and driving on slick roads this morning when it wasn't an absolute necessity to be out. Darn! Silly October storm!

Instead, Sam and I went out to walk around for a bit and play in the snow. It took us forever to get her all suited up! And do you think she's wearing enough pink? :-) Ha!


She thought it was hard work walking around through the wet, sloppy snow, and didn't last long before she wanted me to carry her around -"Uppy, uppy, mama!" But she did have fun knocking down the little snowman I made for her, and knocking the snow off the bushes though!

Once we had put her down for her nap, and I had eaten a big bowl of leftover veggie pot pie (yum!), I finally decided I should head out for my run. The snow had stopped and it was warming up, but it was really windy. I wasn't really feeling super enthused about my run, and certainly didn't have a lot of umph while I was out there. I guess I had had my heart set on a run with friends, and so a solo jaunt around the neighborhood through the cold slush with the wind swirling just wasn't the same. I ended up piecing together a 5 mile run that included a bit of powerlines, cart path, slush dirt road and pavement, and that was good enough. Hopefully I'll have a little more fire tomorrow!

No comments: