Friday, October 14, 2011

It was a Dark and Stormy Night

OK, so it wasn't that bad. But it was dark this morning when I headed out for my run. And misty. Sam had gotten up around 5:15, but I was able to put her back down to sleep, which is a good thing, because well, at 5:15, it is "really early outside," as Sam likes to say :-) I tried to go back to sleep myself, to no avail, so I got up, put on the coffee and got ready to run. I figured it was a gamble, as I didn't get out the door until about 5 after 6, but I hoped that Sam would sleep until I got back. It's not that I need to be there when she wakes up, but Ryan is not a morning person and I like to let him sleep until later in the morning if I can. Plus, I like my morning time with Sam. Apparently, the gamble didn't pay off this morning, as they were downstairs snacking and playing when I returned at 6:30, but luckily Sam was in a happy mood when she awoke, which was much better than yesterday!


For my run, I ran the short Highland Green loop. I didn't really need my headlamp, with the exception of the short stretch in the woods behind Highland Green, as the route is mostly roads with street lights. And once I got to the powerlines for the last stretch, even though it wasn't yet sunrise, there was enough light in the sky to see by. I was glad to not have to run by headlamp the whole time, as my eyes kept wanting to veer up to the highlighted mist and not down to the ground below :-) Gotta get one of those waist lights like Ian and Emma have!

No comments: