Monday, October 24, 2011

Fun with Pumpkins

I decided that I should try to come up with some fun projects for Sam and I to do on the Mondays we are together. Today was pumpkin painting day! I used the washable finger paints that Meg had gotten for Sam this past winter, brought in the pumpkins Valerie had given us, spread a few big sheets of brown paper out on the floor, put Sam in old clothes and just let her have fun with it. It was the perfect, messy, fun afternoon activity!

Yeah for pumpkin painting!

The artist at work

The "scene"

The "masterpieces" :-)

Pumpkins are done... onto my hands... and feet :-)

Look Mama! Pretty!

Handprints!

Paint, paint everywhere :-)

YEAH!


{I got in a nice, mellow 5 miles on the Homeplace loop this morning before Ryan started working, but it wasn't half as exciting as pumpkin painting :-)}

5 comments:

mindy said...

FUN!!!!!!

Scout said...

:D

Anonymous said...

This post made me smile!

Ann

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Quite the artist. Soon that will be mud from the trails!

Sparkplug said...

Thanks guys :-) It was a lot of fun! Of course, now that it has snowed, all the water-based paint has washed off the pumpkins... oh well... it was more about the experience anyway!