Saturday, October 22, 2011

No and Go

After a nice morning of playtime, it was time for me to head out for my run so that I could get to work on time. Sam and I were sitting on the couch, and I told her it was time for me to go run. She looked at me with her big wide eyes, said "No running, Mama," and gave me a big hug. Luckily Ryan was there to tell her that I really did need to run, otherwise I might have given in and just stayed home instead. She then proceeded to scream, "Mama, Mama, Mama," as I walked upstairs to change. Thankfully, by the time I came back down, she was cheerily reading "Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You" with Ryan and was saying "Go Mama!" as I headed out the door. Whew. Talk about a 180 degree shift.

I ran down to the river for a nice 5.25 mile lollypop. The river is running high with all the rain we've had recently, and the trails are starting to be covered pretty thickly with downed leaves. Looking forward to a longer run tomorrow, and spending some time with Ryan and Sam. It is Finley's 4th birthday party tomorrow, and we're headed up the road to Rocky Ridge Orchard for cake, apple and pumpkin picking and a hayride. I know Sam will love it!

No comments: