Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Playing in the Leaves (And a Short Run)

We got home yesterday afternoon around 4pm, and Sam wanted to sweep the leaves off the patio outside. So she and I went out, me with a big broom and her with her little broom, to sweep. This resulted in me doing most of the sweeping, with her directing :-) It also resulted in a big pile of leaves right off the edge of our lawn. We were looking around at the pretty leaves - yellows and reds and oranges - and she went down to investigate the pile we had made. She took a small 'tumble' right into the pile, and thought it was fun so she did it again. And again. And again. Then I told her I could cover her up, which she thought was just great! Ryan got some great shots of her in the leaves :-) This is what fall is all about!

"Cover [me] up, Mama!"

Leaf pile fun

Pretty!

All covered up

Hi Mama! This is fun!

~

My run this morning was not quite as much fun as yesterday's leaf session, but I did manage to get out and run a quick three miles between grocery and farmer's market shopping and before heading off to work. While I have my moments when it comes to work, it is certainly a blessing to have a job that allows me some extra time in the mornings to run! 

No comments: