Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Late Fall

It sure looked like late October out there this morning. It was overcast, with a bank of heavy clouds hanging low in the sky. But out on the horizon, there was a thin band of golden light, almost as if it were sunrise, even though it was more like 8:30. I ran the extended Homeplace loop, getting in a nice 6-mile lollypop out on the powerline trails. The low light and grey skies made the subtle late fall colors pop. The small grove of birch trees, their white trunks and shimmering yellow leaves. The deep red blackberry brambles and blueberry leaves. The brilliant reds of the winterberries, peeking out through the powerlines brush. I run along these trails over and over and over, and yet I am still taken with the scenery, still find things to look at, still find that something new, whether in or out, to think about, to ponder. I guess that is why we keep running, right?

~

Last night when I said goodnight to Sam and told her I loved her, she gave me a hug said, " I love you too, Mama." If that is not adorable, I don't know what is.

No comments: