Friday, October 28, 2011

Crisp

Despite the fact that parts of Maine had snow on the ground last night and this morning, we came away with just a thick frost and *almost* freezing temperatures throughout the night. That's OK with me. I know the snow will come soon enough, and honestly I don't need winter to arrive in October! As it was only 34 degrees when I left the house at 8:15, and no one in their right mind was going to be out playing golf in those temperatures, I decided I would run the golf cart paths over at Highland Green. It was a beautiful, crisp late fall morning. The sky was blue, the gold and brown leaves on the trees along the course shimmered in the sunlight, and there was a nice frost on the golf course greens. The small puddles along the cart paths had a light sheen of ice on them. I got in a nice 6 miles in 51 minutes, and even managed a very quick stop at the farmer's market on the Brunswick green to pick up some veggies and eggs before heading up to work. Perfect!

No comments: