Sunday, April 17, 2011

Squish Squish

We ventured out this morning in the midst of the wind and rain storm to have a yummy breakfast at Broadway Deli. Sam had a great time, enjoying her pancakes, and making friends with everyone in the restaurant. By the time we got home, the rain had stopped, and the sun was thinking about making an appearance. Sam went down for her nap right around noon, and I laced up my shoes and headed out for my run. I ran 5 miles out and back on the powerlines. It's amazing how different the trail looks compared to yesterday's run! No more hoar frost. Hardly any snow remaining. Lots of mud. Lots of deep puddles, and a few sinkholes. I came home with muddy legs, and shoes that were clearer than when I had started out, having been 'washed' in a few of the puddles on the return trip :-) Sorry to have missed the first TMR Sunday run, but at least I had the chance to get out and run in some mud!

No comments: