Thursday, April 21, 2011

Feeling Better; Feeling Sad

I woke up feeling much better this morning, and had a nice, snappy 5 mile run on the Highland Green loop. Boy, was it windy, though! Wow. A few times along the route, I was running straight into a serious headwind and felt like I was barely moving forward. At one point, as I was headed back on the powerlines, pushing into the wind, I looked over and saw a hawk being buffeted around by the wind, trying to turn circles above the grasses. Guess I wasn't the only one who thought the wind was strong :-)

I also got a good look at a Northern Flicker as I ran through the Highland Green development. He was initially down on the ground, but flew up to peck on a tree trunk as I ran by. Such a cool looking bird.

~

My grandmother, Mim, passed away earlier this week. She was 90 years old. Despite slowing down a bit in the past few years, she was overall in good health and in good spirits, and her passing came as a bit of a shock because of this. Or perhaps it is always a shock to realize that one you love is gone, even if you have been readying yourself for the day. But, in the end, we all must go, and if we must, the way Mim went, peacefully, in her sleep, after a good day and a good meal with my aunt, uncle and cousin, is the best way I can think of. She will be missed greatly, by her five children, her grandchildren, her great-grandchildren and many others. We are lucky to have had her in our lives, and I am so glad that she had the chance to get to know Sam, even if only a little bit, over the past year and a half.

You will be missed, dear Mim. We love you.

Mim enjoying the afternoon with Morgan and Sam, March 2011

5 comments:

Scout said...

I'm so sorry, Danielle. Sounds like she had a wonderful life with people who appreciated and loved her. Thinking of you.

middle.professor said...

wonderfully expressed Danielle.

mindy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry...thinking of you and your family. I'm so glad you have pictures of her and Sam, what a special memory.

pathfinder said...

Sorry to hear about your loss.....we all only hope for a peaceful end, there are so many that suffer. The memories will last forever.

Sparkplug said...

Thanks guys :-)