Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Sounds

Morgan's high-pitched shriek, followed by Sam's deep belly laugh, as I chased Morgan around the kitchen, while holding Sam tight in my arms. Lap after lap, the shrieks and laughs continued.

The golden silence of naptime.

The deafening chorus of the peepers as I ran around the Heath.

The loud call of the Pileated Woodpecker, high above.

The soft pitter patter of a spring rain falling in the forest.

The rush of the rapids along the Cathance River.

The sweet sound of Sam saying "Mama, Mama," after I return from my run, sweaty, muddy and happy.

The bubbling of a casserole in the oven.

The sweet sound of a quiet house after Sam has gone to bed.

Happy Easter, everyone! Hope your day was filled with happy sounds :-)

Fueling up before the easter egg hunt!
This is fun :-)
Hmmm, are there more eggs out here?
I found another one! Yeah!