Monday, April 11, 2011

Coffee

This morning's crazy wind, rain, thunder and lightening gave way to warmer temps and brightening skies around lunchtime, so I lucked out on my run and managed to stay dry! I headed out a little after noon, once Sam went down for her nap, and ran the 5-mile Highland Green loop to give my legs a little bit of a break after yesterday's messy trail run. Phoebes were calling, groups of robins were chattering to each other, crocuses were blooming and a few skunk cabbage were poking their heads out of the mud in the wet areas along the back dirt road. And on the return trip, with the wind blowing in my face, the burnt aroma of fresh roasting coffee from Wicked Joe's over in Brunswick wafted over me. Ummm, coffee! :-)

2 comments:

mindy said...

Yum! You fared better than I did - I got soaked! We are getting the first glimpses of tulips and daffodils here. And finally, the peepers! Perfect day for a nice post-run coffee :D

Sparkplug said...

Oh man, you were out in that downpour?! Yikes. You must have been soaked for sure!!