Sunday, January 9, 2011

Windy and Creaky 5

This morning we went out to Jimmy K's in Georgetown for breakfast. Not quite Broadway Deli, but pretty tasty :-) And Sam about ate her weight in pancakes! She was not messing around. Not to mention that she was charming the patrons left and right. She is one social girl, she is.

When we got back to Irene and Dana's, I put Sam down for a nap. And then we sat on the couch, chatting and drinking coffee, and watching the wind picking up the sugary 2" of snow that fell overnight and swirling it up into the sky. My stomach was full of pancakes and eggs. My legs were feeling creaky. Wouldn't it be so much nicer to just sit here on the couch? But, Irene and Dana offered to keep watch over Sam while we went out for a run together, and well, these days we just can't turn down an offer like that. So, out the door we went. It wasn't super cold out, but it sure was windy. And I sure was feeling creaky and not super energetic. We plodded along the roads, griping and chatting, and I can't say it was the most enjoyable run ever. But, it was good to get out and get the blood flowing through my legs after yesterday's run. And it was nice to have another chance to run with Ryan. And, wouldn't you know, once we stopped and stretched and gotten back into the warm house, I sure did feel happy we had gotten out for a run :-)

1 comment:

Scout said...

Good job! I really think it helps to run after going long.