Wednesday, January 19, 2011

To The Bike Path

This morning, I was determined to cross a few things off my home to-do list. I cleaned out and organized a few of the cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom, put together a little shelf for the front hall closet (although the box said 'no tools required,' it was only $24.99 and wasn't all that well made, so I did end up needing the Leatherman to get the shelving to line up correctly with the holes in the frame), emptied out the closet and reorganized it. Looks much better! Then I went upstairs and tackled my clothes drawers, getting rid of some old shirts, etc and separating out a pile of items in good enough condition for donation. It was nice to check these things off the list, and even better, it was only 11:15am. I was feeling very accomplished :-)

After a bit of relaxation, some lunch, and cooking up dinner for tonight, I finally was ready to head out for a run. Except that it was now snaining (yes, snaining, a yucky mix of snow and rain). Lovely. So as to avoid a) getting run over and b) running in the nasty slush on the side of the roads, I headed over to the bike path. While the path isn't my favorite route, it has its place, especially in the winter. And best of all, it's car free, so it's a safe place to run on a messy day. There was only one other car in the lot when I pulled in around 2:30pm. The snain seemed to flying sideways. It wasn't particularly pleasant but hey, what can you do. I ran along, managing to keep up a decent pace despite my legs feeling rather heavy from yesterday's efforts. On the way back, the winds and snow picked up, and I picked up the pace a bit just so that I could get the run over with :-) Probably not the best strategy for a recovery run! Oops. I ran into Ryan heading out on the warm-up before his MP-pace run, and he turned around and ran the final 3/4 mile with me, which was nice! My body is definitely feeling tired from a stretch of running (with a day of xc skiing thrown into the middle) that started last Thursday. This is a lot for me, and I will definitely be glad to take tomorrow as a rest day!

---
A lot of you have probably already seen this photo on Facebook, but it was too cute not to post again :-) Yesterday, I picked Sam up early and she was in a very "mama" mood. Ryan was working, and after playing for a while, it was time for me to make dinner. All she wanted to do was have me pick her up. Then I had an 'ah ha!' moment. I got out a bowl and a spoon, and told her she could "cook" on the floor next to me. I threw a few zucchini halves in the bowl, and after she got bored with those, she added in some Goldfish just to make things interesting. Raisins were a late addition. Zucchini, Goldfish and Raisin stew. Delish!

Cooking :-)

1 comment:

pathfinder said...

She looks very content....what a great idea