Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Busy Busy

We're getting to that time of year when the gallery gets quiet, so I had an extra day off today. I felt ever so slightly guilty about putting Sam into daycare today when I could have her home with me, but that guilt was assuaged by my wonderful friends who pointed out a myriad of reasons that I shouldn't feel that way. I will undoubtedly keep her out a few days here and there in the next few months, but honestly, I have a laundry list of things I want/need to do around the house that are pretty much impossible to do with Sam around. When I'm home with her, pretty much all I can get done is play :-) Which isn't bad, but you know what I mean...

So, this morning, after dropping Sam off at daycare, I came home, threw the sheets into the wash, cleaned up the kitchen, and then donned my screw shoes and headed over to the Commons for a run. I haven't run since Saturday in an attempt to get rid of the cold I picked up from either Sam or Ryan over the weekend, and although I didn't feel 100%, I was ready to move! With the warm weather over the weekend, and the heavy traffic the Commons gets, the surface had been packed very unevenly to either straight ice, or a very slick hard snow. Not exactly a fast running surface (at least for me) and it was the slowest 5 miles I've run in a long while. But, it was a beautiful morning, I had the day off and I was out for a run in the woods. I can't complain too much now, can I?! :-)

The rest of the day was spent scrubbing the shower to within an inch of its life, doing more laundry, going through Sam's closet and organizing/packing up old clothes/putting together a pile for donation, cleaning the house, doing the recycling, going grocery shopping and getting dinner ready before picking Sam up a bit early for some extra playtime at home. All in all a productive day, and I'm happy to be sitting on the couch relaxing a bit right now!

Here are a few Sam photos from the past few days:

Hugs for Gigi
Sam is really into Gigi at the moment. And Gigi just can't seem to stay away. Which means there is a lot of chasing Gigi around, squealing for Gigi, grabbing Gigi's hair and trying to hug her. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't :-)

And just here is Sam, dressed in a cute outfit from her Auntie Meg, happily playing with some of her new Christmas toys:

All smiles

No comments: