Sunday, January 30, 2011

Morning Run, Afternoon Snowshoe

I headed out this morning to run 5 miles on the Higland Green loop. A light snow was falling, but it was almost 30 degrees. Felt balmy! The run went fine, although in taking inventory of how I was feeling while I was running, I realized my legs were feeling a little tired - probably from my "speed work" on Friday. We had talked about going xc skiing over at Pineland in the afternoon, but in the end, I told Ryan I had had a change of heart, and would be just as happy donning our snowshoes for a walk over on the Cathance trails. It would be a bit more mellow and involve less driving, both of which sounded good for a Sunday afternoon.

So, after Sam's nap, we got ourselves ready, suited Sam up in her "new" snowsuit (Thanks Shannon!) and headed over to Highland Green. As we were tromping through the woods, Ryan muttered, "An idyllic outdoor family adventure," meaning "I am a burdened dad, carrying a heavy and snot-encrusted child, accompanied by my way-too-sunshiney wife, who is not carrying an extra 25 pounds on her back and is taking way too many photos and being way too happy!" Ha :-) But really, we had a great walk in the woods. It was beautiful, and even better, the trails were really well packed, which made for some nice walking! (And will make for some good running at some point soon too!)

Sam in her snowsuit!

Happy girl

Snow-covered Adirondack chairs by the river

Happy lady

The Cathance

Through the woods

All in all, a great Sunday!

And since I'm in a photo mood, here are a few others, just because:

Our little goof ball

Cuddling kitties

Our AT wall is now complete, courtesy of a beautiful, new painting (center) by Meghan!
It looks great, Meg! We love it!

No comments: