Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Shorts Weather?

At some point in the past, there was a discussion of sorts online about when you draw the line between wearing shorts or tights. I put my "line" at 45 degrees. Well, this morning, it was 46 degrees when I headed out the door at 8:30am. So, shorts it was. On December 1st. How weird.

I haven't done much running on the powerlines in a while, and decided the 5-mile Homeplace loop would be a good option for this morning. This is a good run, with a few steep hills and some nice flat stretches, but today, it may have been a bit much for my still recovering, although feeling good, knee. With the warm temps, most of the ice on the trails had melted, leaving slick mud that first sent me slip-sliding every which way and then stuck to the bottom of my shoes like cement. Not to mention, the hoar frost is melting also, so a lot of the run was like tiptoeing through a land mine. Lots of little ankle twists and slips here too. I came home caked in mud, with the knee a little achy, and feeling like I had definitely gotten in a good workout!

In Sam news, the antibiotics and the inhaler have done wonders and she is looking and sounding much better already. Hurray! Gotta love modern medicine. Of course, the inhaler makes her a bit jittery and hyper, and last night when I got home after Ryan had given her her evening dose, she was holding onto my index finger with one hand and my keys with the other, and was basically walking around in circles in the kitchen, babbling away, dropping the keys and saying "uh oh", picking them back up, circling around, dropping them again, over and over and over, so much so that I got a bit dizzy as her hand holder! :-)

3 comments:

pathfinder said...

My shorts cut off is around 30 degrees even colder if there is no wind.

Sparkplug said...

Brrr. You are tougher than I am :-)

Jamie Anderson said...

Sounds like a fun run, Danielle! Too funny about Sam, glad she's on the up and up.