Sunday, December 19, 2010

Til We Meet In Hell Run

Valerie created a fun race for this morning - the 'Til We Meet In Hell' race on some of the trails behind USM in Gorham. The race was on a 1.15 mile loop, and the goal was to see how many miles you could run on the loop in 1.5 hours. There was also a handicap system, developed by Jeff, to give everyone a fair chance at winning. It was a great time! Many thanks to Valerie for a great idea and a great run!

I wasn't quite sure I wanted to "race" this morning, but I was hoping to get in 9 or 10 miles. In the end, I ran all of the way with Randy, and we were joined for a few loops by Jim. Randy and I chatted away about this and that, and while running with Jim, we were serenaded by his renditions of some of the Top 10 Christmas songs and some of his fun tales. Despite running the short loop over and over, the miles and the minutes passed by quickly, as they always do in good company. The only thing that surprised me was how alone Randy and I were on this loop most of the time! I mean, it was only a little over 1 mile, yet we were all pretty spread out. The loop was pretty gnarly, with lots of short and steep ups and downs in and out of little gullies, but it was some fun running and a good workout too! Randy and I got in 8.65 miles during our 1:30:00 allotment, but finished up the loop running, with the Garmin reading just over 9 miles when we stopped. Perfect!

The Trail Monsters took over the back corner of Sebago Brewing Company after the run, eating and drinking and talking the morning away. It was a lot of fun! And lots of thanks to Mom and Dad for watching Sam so that both Ryan and I could go play with our friends for the morning!!

When we got home, we celebrated Christmas a few days early - Sam got some really fun gifts, and we did too. Thanks again guys! All in all, it was a great Sunday!!

Look at me, I'm cute :-)

Happy girl

Sam and her stocking

Sam's finger painted wreath for Mommy and Daddy, with a little help from Nanie and Pip :-)

No comments: