Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Grey Morning

Just when I think things are back to normal in our house, something else comes up. Will it always be this way?! Last night, Sam woke up at 9:30 screaming her little head off. Poor little munchkin. Nothing we did - feed her, rock her, put her in our bed with us, leave her in her bed to cry for 10 excruciating minutes, hold her, talk to her, walk her around, give her her teething ring, have Ryan try to put her to sleep - soothed her. Finally, a combination of ibuprofin, Orajel and a little time downstairs reading books calmed her down, and I was able to put her to sleep a little after 11:00. When I was putting the Orajel on her gums, I definitely felt something sharp poking through her upper gums. It's about time! She still only has two teeth. So, the rest of you teeth in Sam's mouth, make it snappy and get this over with! I'd really rather not have another night of Sam up screaming for 1 1/2 hours. Aie. So, yet again, it was not a good night for us. I feel like I am sort of used to the sleep deprivation at this point, but still...

Luckily, to make up for her lost sleep last night, Sam slept in this morning and awoke as her cheery self, which was good at least. I had hoped to sneak over to the Commons for a run after dropping her off at daycare, but it was not meant to be. I just didn't have enough time to make it work. Instead, I came home and headed right out the door to run the five mile Highland Green loop. It was grey and raw out. And needless to say, I was tired. I didn't feel super inspired, running against the winds on the roads, but managed to finish off the loop in a decent time of just under 41:00. Tomorrow will be a day off, and I'm getting a massage in the morning before work, which sounds pretty good right now! Although, my leg is definitely better, I figure a massage or two can't hurt.

2 comments:

Scout said...

Poor Sam (and so poor you and Ryan). At least there's been a good thread running through you last few posts; it sounds like you leg is just about there!!!

Sparkplug said...

Sam apparently believes sleep is for the weak :-) Oh well. This sleep deprivation has to be good training for something, right?! As for the leg, yes, feeling good. Got a nice massage today, and things are still tight but nothing majorly wrong. Phew!