Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Back To Shorts

Yesterday morning started with a visit to the doctor's office for Sam. Unfortunately, the prescribed antibiotics did not kill her double ear infection, so she is on round #2. Poor girl. Luckily, she was still happy happy happy, and we had a great day yesterday, made even better by her taking a 2 1/2 hour nap. Yeah!! During naptime, Ryan nicely kept vigil over the baby monitor while I went out to do a few errands and get a run in. I headed over to the Commons for a nice easy 5 mile run. I was pretty tired and I could really feel it on the run. The pace was slow, which was what I was looking for, but I don't think I could have run faster even if I had wanted to! Still, I was happy to get the miles in.

Despite the fact that it was December 13th, I wore shorts on the run, as the temps got up into the 50s yesterday. Wow. What wacky weather we've been having!

The funny fauna report from the run occurred on the 2nd pond. With all the rain and the warm temps, the ice had sunk just beneath the water/melted just enough in the cove making it appear that the large group of 30+ mallards hanging out there were standing on water :-)

No comments: