Friday, December 17, 2010

Wrapping and Running

Last night I set out to wrap up the Christmas presents. Ronnie and Gigi wanted to help :-)

Hmmm, I'm not sure this is helping, guys...

And then, with most of the wrapping and all the Christmas shopping done (hurray!), I didn't feel too badly about taking the time to go for a 5 mile run after I dropped Sam off at daycare this morning. I got another leg massage yesterday morning before work, and although the knot in my left calf is still very present, the legs felt good this morning (another hurray!). I ran the Highland Green loop and was happy to have chosen that route - the short stretch on the powerlines along the route was riddled with ice flows to slip on and hoar frost and sneaky partially frozen sand to break through. Although I certainly don't want to run roads all the time, sometimes it is nice to just be able to go and not have to think about all the variables one might encounter on the trails in early winter! That being said, I'm looking forward to Val's "Till I See You in Hell" run on Sunday on the trails in Gorham! Should be fun :-)

No comments: