Saturday, August 7, 2010

Welcome Change

The thermometer was ready 58 degrees this morning. Woohoo! I opened the windows, and let the cool, dry air in. Ahhh. It felt wonderful. Normally I would have been working today, but we did a last minute switch, so I had today off and will be working Monday instead. That meant this week was a 4 day week, but next week is bound to be a long one... Oh well, it's nice to have a full weekend off again so I won't complain too much!

Sam was up at 6:30, and we had a fun morning hanging out and playing, while Ryan was over at Bradbury helping to mark the Breaker course. While he was gone, we also practiced pulling up! Sam is literally too small to pull up onto much from a seated position on the floor, but when she is sitting off my legs, she can now pull up onto the coffee table. It's a start anyway! Irene said I'll be sorry I've taught her this, but at this point, it's exciting to see her making progress on some of the gross motor skills that she is taking her own sweet time with.

She also took a nice morning nap, which gave me time to finish up the pumpkin chocolate chip breads for tomorrow's prizes, do a few things around the house and also simply sit down, drink some coffee and relax. When Ryan got home at 11:30, he took over Sam duties, and I headed out for my run. It had warmed up into the low 70s, but still felt wonderful in comparison to all the hot, humid days of late. I ran the Homeplace loop for the third time this week - I really need to get out and run something different, but as I'm almost always under the gun in terms of time, heading onto the powerlines is simply the easiest option. I got home just as Irene and Dana arrived, took a quick shower, and we headed out to Frontier for lunch. Yum! Many thanks to "Grammie and Grampie" for coming up this weekend and taking care of Sam tomorrow so I can race the Breaker! I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: