Friday, August 27, 2010

Crawling!

I can now say with confidence that Sam is officially crawling! It is so cute. She moves very deliberately and determinedly to get where she wants to go. She is especially motivated by the cats, so they had better watch out now that she is on the move :-) She wants their tails!

She actually started crawling a few days ago, but would just go a "crawl" or two, flop back down onto her belly, and repeat. But this morning, she crawled across the bed to get to the lamp on the end table, and then all the way across her mat downstairs towards Gigi. I love it! I know it is going to make things a bit more difficult, but I am so happy to have her moving!

She's also starting to really understand us when we talk to her. It is especially cute when I ask her, "Where's Gigi?" and she wiggles around in my arms to look on the ground this way and that to see if she can find her. She is getting to be such a big girl! (OK, so she's not really getting big, but she sure is growing up!)

On the running front, I did not get up and run in the dark yesterday. I was feeling sooooo tired, and decided it was best to just skip it. I think I have a bit of Sam's cold, which is not helping. However, she actually slept really well last night, so after I fed her at 5:15, I headed out the door for a 5 mile run. The sun was up, and it was a beautiful morning. Only 58 degrees. Wonderful! I felt a bit sluggish, but finished the run in good time and was very happy to have gotten out.

3 comments:

Scout said...

You're in trouble now...and so are those kitties!!! Very cool : )

Jamie Anderson said...

When I first saw the title of this post, I thought you had bonked on a long run, but glad to see it's to do with Sam's newly acquired locomotive skills.

Sparkplug said...

Trouble, yes! :-) And Jamie, that is too funny. I'm glad it has to do with Sam's new skills and not a bonk too!