Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Early Morning Run

Sam was a super sleeper last night (well, at least for her!) and after she woke up at 11pm, she didn't wake up again until 5:15am! Hurray! I got up to feed her, put her back in her crib to sleep a little longer and quickly suited up to head out for my run. It was in the 60s but humid. Darn, I thought we had gotten rid of the humidity, but it's back! Oh well, it is August after all :-) I ran the five mile route along the powerlines. I enjoyed a few blackberries along the way, caught sight of my Towhee friends, and followed a set of moose prints for about a mile! I thought I had seen some prints a few weeks ago, but only saw one or two so it was hard to confirm. These however, were definitely moose prints, and he was making good use of the soft sandy trail to travel along. I also came across a pile of his droppings. I hope that when he turned off the powerlines, he headed toward the Cathance and not towards the road! As I was headed down the final hill on the way back home, I looked up and saw two deer bounding across the trail. One headed right and one headed left, their white tails up in alarm as they gracefully pranced away through the grasses and into the woods.

I felt good during the run, and upon my return, managed to not only take a shower and eat breakfast, but also get some chores done around the house and chop up veggies to roast for dinner tonight before Sam woke up. She slept in until 7:40, and woke up a very happy girl! Sleep does do wonders, doesn't it?!

No comments: