Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Out Like A Lamb?

I don't think March is following the rules this year. But hey, we did have a few beautiful 70 degree days in the middle of the month, so maybe we can't complain.

I didn't get a run in on Sunday as Sam and I were being support crew for Ryan during his Run for the Border Half Marathon race. Then yesterday, I had Sam and it decidedly wasn't a day to take her outside in the B.O.B! So today, I had to run! I'm supposed to be training for a 50k here, and it was already Tuesday. This was getting ridiculous... So weather or no weather, I was headed out the door today. I snuck our during Sam's second nap of the day, around 11:30. Ryan thought the rain seemed to be tapering off, but he mustn't have been looking correctly out the window :-) I got plenty of pelting rain right in my face, not to mention wind. But all that aside, I did run the 5 mile loop around Highland Green rather quickly. I felt like I had to really work against the wind to keep moving - perhaps I was working a bit too hard. Ah well.

I had originally intended to run my long run of 16 miles today, and although I know I should get used to running in all sorts of weather as you never know what it will be like on race day, running my longest run in a long while out in the rain and wind on a 40 degree day just didn't seem like it made sense. So, Ryan and I juggled things a bit so that I can run long tomorrow. Sam is going to daycare for a "play date" for 2 hours in the morning, so I'll drop her off and then head right out on my run. I'll likely be out for around 3 hours, but Ryan offered to pick her up and bring her home, which is nice. I'm planning to do a combination of running along the powerlines, on the Cathance River trails and on the golf course cart paths. The trails and powerlines are likely to be pretty soggy, but hopefully the rain is going to stop tonight, or at least the wind is going to let up, so that it isn't a total sufferfest out there! I'll let you know :-)

And just because, here is an adorable photo of Sam from the weekend :-) Thanks to Corie for the cute top, and Mom and Dad for the jeans!

I'm cute :-)



1 comment: