Friday, March 12, 2010

25

I seem to be stuck on the number 25. I can't get past it. Mileage-wise, I mean. Age-wise, well, I'm way past it and hey, I'm OK with that :-) Now, I realize that a 25-mile week isn't bad, but I had really hoped for more this week. I've hit 25 miles three times in the past four weeks, and it is time to take it up a notch. Of course, it is all my fault that I did not run more this week, so I'm kicking myself. I am tired. What can I say? Taking care of the little 13 pound girlie is hard work. Nursing is hard work. Not sleeping through the night is tough. Working while having said girlie at work is hard work. It is all hard. Yup. Not that it isn't rewarding, but still, it is hard. And trying to run some good mileage in addition to this is a challenge. But a necessary one! I would go a bit insane if I didn't have running to help me relax and have some quiet time outside to myself.

Anyway, I am hoping I can actually manage to ramp up the mileage in the coming weeks. I really want to be able to run the 50k at Pineland. But I only want to do it if I am going into it prepared. Yes, I expect it to hurt. But I want to know that I can get through the miles. So, I have some work to do! :-)

After this morning's run, this is what I came home to. Isn't she cute?!

Morning storytime

1 comment:

Scout said...

So cute!!!! I think you are doing a great job. You'll be ready for Pinelands. Mom's are tough!