Thursday, March 25, 2010

More Recovery Than Anticipated

I had intended for this to be an easy week, but hadn't anticipated taking so much time off from running this week. Between visiting family on Sunday, nasty weather and Ryan's work schedule, I've only managed to get in two runs so far this week. I snuck out this morning before work to get in another 5 miles over in Highland Green. I was feeling good, and it was one of those nice mornings - crisp and clear and sunny, with bright blue skies, birds chirping, and even a few flowers blooming! On the flora and fauna front, I saw one kildeer, lots of chickadees, juncoes, robins and a purple finch, as well as my first red-winged blackbird of the season at Pleasant Bay on the way home from work. Even if it's supposed to snow tomorrow, spring certainly seems to be here, at least from the bird's point of view!


2 comments:

pathfinder said...

even if it snows, it will not collect as the ground is not frozen and the sun is so high in the sky this time of year......winter is over, all that is left is inconvenience.

Scout said...

I love kildeer! We used to have some that returned every year. The babies are adorable. Unfortunately, they abandoned us (I prefer to think that nothing happened to them).