Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Two Shorts

Yesterday Snowman and I got out on the bike path for a short 3 mile run in the afternoon. It was nice and mellow, which seems to be what he needs to get back on track. My original intent for the day was to run 12 miles, but as my schedule is flexible at this time of the year, I opted to take advantage of the chance to run with Snowman instead and will plan to run 12 tomorrow.

Today the plan was to ski at Pinelands with Shannon and little Finley. Shannon decided against it in the end, which was no big deal. However, lack of company combined with dreary, overcast skies and the fact that today was definitely a klister day meant my motivation went out the window. Ugh. In the end, I found myself in the Commons on our "regular" 3 mile loop. The main thoroughfares were well packed and a bit slick, although no trouble with my Inov-8 screw shoes, but some of the single track was very uneven and little traveled making for slow going.

After I finished the run, I felt much better. A good reminder of how even a short workout can do wonders!

No comments: