Friday, February 20, 2009

A New Toy!


The latest addition to our "gear store" has arrived. Snowman just went out to the mailbox and picked up the Garmin 305 that we ordered. Hurray! Now, we've held out for a long time in getting one of these ridiculous contraptions, but I must admit they do seem useful. Still, I just couldn't stomach spending so much money on one of them. However, last week I was surfing around and found that amazon.com was selling them, new, for 43% off! After a brief conference with Snowman, and a pooling of our birthday money, we decided to go for it. How could we resist?

So, tonight's project is figuring out how to use the thing, seeing if it will actually fit on my wrist (it looks huge!) and hopefully taking it on my run tomorrow morning. Hurray for new toys :-)

3 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Those of who own them, tend to love them. Congrats!

middle.professor said...

Everyone pitch in $1 and guess the date that R&D buy a 2nd Garmin. I've got April 17 - just before the Muddy Moose.

sn0m8n said...

If we get enough $1, it will be easy to buy another one.