Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Simpson's Point

I woke up feeling a bit out of it and tired, and just wasn't up to taking on the 12 hilly miles of the Highland Road loop as I had intended. But the sun was shining, the sky was blue and temps were rising steadily into the upper 30s, so I still wanted to get out and run. I decided to head out to Simpson's Point. If I was still not feeling good, I could cut off a chunk and just run 5. If I felt good, I'd get in 9 miles. Not quite the 12 I had originally planned, but still not bad.

I headed out on Rt. 123 around 10:30am. I took off my gloves a mile into the run, and wished I had left the light Golite windtop at home. It was warm out there! Felt like spring. The fields and roads of Pennelville were quiet. The snow on the bay at Simpson's Point sparkled in the sun. I was feeling pretty good, and just kept the pace steady, not pushing too much. I ended the 9 mile run in 1:19:00, faster than I would have expected from how mellow the run felt, but I guess that is a good thing. A good run and a beautiful day!

No comments: