Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Back to the Bike Path

I took yesterday as a rest day, and spent time doing errands, etc, as well as going to the Bowdoin Art Museum. However, although the museum has a nice collection, I was disappointed to see that the main exhibit downstairs was what I felt to be a rather uninspiring photography exhibit. I really wish they would showcase their Rockwell Kents, Winslow Homers and Maurice Prendergast works. Those are what I want to see. They did have up a nice Marsden Hartley and a few John Sloan works, but still. Ah well. Maybe next time.

This morning I headed to the bike path. I was unsure what I wanted to do mileage-wise, so the bike path offered some options. In the end, I was feeling good and the sun was shining, so I went the full 5.3 miles. There were a number of mallards swimming in the open waters along the river's edge, as well as what I assume was the same cardinal singing near the bridge that I saw last week, and the typical large group of robins. A good run and nice to be out.

No comments: