Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Nordic Meisters #6

We awoke to pouring rain and gusting winds. Perfect day for a ski! However, by 9am, it had stopped raining and the mountains were peeking out from the clouds. Bright blue sky appeared. Excellent.

Still, all the rain and the warm temps left the snow really slow and soft and just plain old wet. I was tempted to use my waxless skis but thought I'd give Universal klister a try. This seemed like a day when the klister would work well. I wish I could say it did work well for me, but it did not. I flailed about. On the uphills, on the flats, and even on the downhills. I could not get any kick. Plus, the snow was so slow, I had to double pole or even kick and glide to get down the hills. Not good times. I finished off the 2008 Nordic Meister season with my slowest time yet, 34:55. Yikes.

I was kicking myself for not being able to get the klister to work, as it really can be awesome and just seemed like it should have been great today, until I saw Snowman come back in and trade in his klistered skis for his waxless skis... Well, at least it wasn't just me who couldn't get the klister to work! I must admit, that makes me feel a bit better... my time is still slow, but oh well. You just never know what you'll get when you come out on Nordic Meister Tuesdays!

No comments: