Thursday, March 13, 2008

Middle Bay and Golden Grahams

Another Middle Bay run this morning. However, unlike last week, I decided to go in the opposite direction, down Maine Street first and back in on Rt. 123. Doing a familiar loop backwards is always an interesting experience. It's familiar, but different. I noticed a house on Rt. 123 that I had never seen before, simply by virtue of the angle from which I was looking. I didn't know the mile markers, but felt like I was going at a pretty good clip. Ended in 46:00, mostly because I just wanted to get Rt. 123 over with. Both the wind and the traffic were whipping down the road straight at me and I was ready to be done. But it was a beautiful crisp, clear and sunny morning, and it is always good to be out.

On another note, in a moment of weakness at the grocery store this past weekend, I purchased a box of Golden Grahams. Certain boxes of cereal were 50% off, so how could I resist? Of course, these days I typically don't buy from the regular cereal aisle. I always buy Kashi GoLean cereal from the "healthy" section. It has a good crunch and a bit of sweetness too. Snowman says it tastes like twigs and berries, but I like it. Still, Golden Grahams is one of my true favorites. So for the past few mornings, I've been enjoying Golden Grahams for breakfast. Well, with some Kashi mixed in too to make it a bit healthier :-) Yum!

4 comments:

sn0m8n said...

Actually, it tastes like twigs and bark. Berries taste good.

Unknown said...

If you add chocolate chips to the Golden Grahams you're in for a real treat. Not to mention extra energy for you next run. Start by sprinkling just a few chocolate chips in, then, as you get used to it, add more and more. You know....for energy. Eventually, you can just bring the bag chocolate chips with you in the car on your way to work. This works great when you're in a rush. Or just want to eat chocolate chips for breakfast.

Unknown said...

Who the heck is "tristan"?

Sparkplug said...

Clearwater! It is awesome to hear from you... i will have to try the chocolate chip trick. I love chocolate chips, especially in pancakes, so I can only imagine Golden Grahams and chocolate chips would be awesome :-)
Come visit us sometime soon! We miss you.