Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Mellow 4 plus New Shoes

When I woke up this morning, I wasn't sure I would be up for a run. I was tired. Perhaps it was all those donuts?! But the day was nice and sunny, and mid-afternoon Snowman and I headed out to the bike path for a short mellow run. I was thinking 3, he was thinking 4, so I figured I could take another mile, and we went for 4. Nice and easy. Felt good.

Also tried my new Inov-8 Roclite 315 shoes. Although they were purchased last month, I hadn't worn them yet. I wanted to try them out on a shorter run to see how they felt and make sure they really worked. They felt quite comfortable, although definitely with a bit of a different feel. I am not quite sure how to explain it... the sole is stiff, but the upper is pretty soft... the toe box is pretty large, which I like...and the shoe has a much lower profile around the ankle. I think that last part is what will take the most getting used to. But I liked them, and think they should make a good trail runner.

Flora and fauna highlight was a bald eagle sighting. The bird was sitting out on the ice on the river, and appeared to be eating something, although it was too far away for us to know for sure. A few crows hovered nearby. Other than that, the river was quiet.

No comments: