Friday, March 21, 2008

Blustery Day

I could hear the wind before I got out of bed. Not good. Hmmm... Could I postpone my 5 mile run until tomorrow morning? Nope. Too much to get done before an early meeting at work. So, in order to get in my, yup count 'em, 20 miles this week, I had to get up and go run. Not a super exciting prospect on a windy, 25 degree March morning. I figured my best bet would be the Brunswick Town Commons. The bike path was out, as were most of the loops I know around town. Too much wind. So off to the Commons I went with my YakTrax, my fingers crossed that there had been enough traffic to pack down the trails. I stuck to the main thoroughfare, doing a few loops and a few out-and-back sections of trail to get in my 5 miles. The woods blocked most of the wind, thankfully, and as long as I didn't stray far off the narrow beaten path, the snow was solid. There were a few sections where the snow had melted enough to create big patches of ice, and even two spots where the sun had melted the snow completely, allowing me to get in a few strides on dirt. Hurray! All in all, a good run. I'm glad I got out.

No comments: