Friday, March 7, 2008

Middle Bay Run

Despite what I said in yesterday's post about trying to avoid running on the roads due to high snowbanks, low shoulder and lots of slop along the side of the roads, I ended up doing this morning's run, yup you guessed it, on the roads... Since I was on the bike path yesterday, and didn't want an exhausting run like Snowman's run yesterday in the Commons, I decided to do the Middle Bay loop. And actually, it wasn't so bad. The town of Brunswick seems to have been extra diligent with the spreading of sand this winter--the shoulders and edge of the roads had a solid covering of sand--so no slipping. In fact, the worst part of the run was on Maine Street, which is where I thought it would be best. The sidewalks had been half-heartedly plowed, so they were an unfriendly surface to run on, and the shoulder, which is wide, was a mixture of ice floes and snow removed from the sidewalks. Oh well, I didn't get run over, so it all turned out OK. My training "plan" called for 5 miles today, and this loop was 5.5 miles. Perfect. Ended with 47:30.

No comments: