Friday, October 7, 2016

Fall, Glorious Fall

Fall is really putting on a spectacular show this year. The colors have been glowing, the sky has been blue, the air has been crisp and cool in the morning and nice and warm midday. Glorious indeed. So thankful to live in a place where fall is a distinct and beloved season.

Wednesday was Sam's 3rd XC meet of the season. She was lucky enough to have some of her biggest fans there to cheer her on on a lovely fall afternoon at Royal River Park in Yarmouth. My mom and dad had flown in that morning for the weekend and Irene and Dana came up from MA for the meet. John also came down after work, so Sam had quite the support crew :) Thanks, everyone!

Warming up 

Cruisin'

Working hard near the final stretch

Silly glasses!

Sam and her biggest fans (with photo taken by other biggest fan, John :))

Goofy girl

Thursday morning, I was up and out in the darkness for a run along the cart paths. I haven't been doing any workouts recently mostly due to not wanting to push too much on my high mileage weeks, but since this week is a down week, I thought I'd try to keep the pace  up-tempo at the very least. Got in 5 miles, with the last four between 8:40 and 8:50 pace. OK, so not really moving but at least trying to move quickly ;)

Today is a day off for Sam and I, so I took advantage of the fact that my mom and dad are in town and could watch Sam, and slept in a bit before heading out around 7:00 am into the Cathance. It was a beautifully crisp morning, with the colors popping along the river's edge. So pretty. My legs were feeling a bit tired so I took it easy and stopped to take photos and enjoy the morning. Got in a nice 11.5 miles out to Head of Tides.

Color along the river

Fall reflections

Calm waters

Reflections

So pretty

Head of Tides

High tide, Head of Tides

Along the trail

Glorious colors

No comments: