Thursday, October 20, 2016

Back At It

Isn't the rule of thumb something like 1 day off for every 10 miles raced? Or something like that. I don't know, I seem to recall that from somewhere... In any event, Sunday I was very very tired, but of course I could not sleep. Honestly, Monday night I couldn't sleep much either, but finally Tuesday night I did, so I decided it was better to sleep a bit more and not get up at 0-dark-thirty to run Wednesday morning. I probably should have, as my legs had that you are now feeling more creaky from not running than from your race feeling all day long, not to mention it was like the most beautiful October day, but alas, I had a finance meeting from 3:00-4:30 so could not even sneak out for an afternoon run. So instead, Sam and I stopped and got a pre-dinner ice cream, because, well, I never got that ice cream I was craving after Sunday's race, and why the heck not on such a beautifully warm October evening? I mean, seriously folks, any excuse for ice cream ;)


As for the race, results have now been posted. Happy to see that I managed to increase by lead on Abby, lady in white, by 7 minutes in the last 6 miles. Nothing like fear as a motivator ;) My friend Sam, in the blue shirt/red vest, finished very soon after me but glad to have held him off on the last big downhill.

The lovely Tammy Lynne got this finish line shot of me, in which I am sure I am trying to sprint and get there as fast as I possibly can but am instead rather hobbling along with cramping quads ;)


Three days off seemed like enough, as I've got 40 Fells miles to run in December, so it was back at it this morning with a 6:00 am run on the cart paths. Kept the pace easy and cut off holes 1 and 2 to keep the distance at 5 miles. My legs felt a bit creaky but not bad. Started in the dark and watched the sun rise, softly glowing through the trees and lighting up the still beautiful foliage along the golf course. Happy to be back out.



No comments: