Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Short/Long

I will readily admit that I was extremely tired by the time Sunday night rolled around. When I put together getting up at 1:00 am on Friday morning to run the UXBBA, then running on Saturday morning followed by an active weekend walking and hanging out with Irene and Dana, combined with not a lot of sleep from sleeping up in the loft, it meant I was one tired puppy! In turn, that then meant that getting up at 4:00 am on Monday morning to run 10 miles didn't quite happen, although honestly I was more than happy for a day off. And despite trying to get some sleep last night, I woke up at 1:00 am and couldn't go back to sleep so that 4:00 am alarm was shut off quickly once again ;) Ha. Guess I am a bit too optimistic!

I did manage to pull myself out of bed at 5:15 and get out the door for 6 miles on the cart paths so it wasn't a complete bust of a morning today, but man! Of course, as I was running along this morning, lamenting "only" 6 miles, I was thinking about how last summer this 6 mile loop was one of my longer midweek runs. So, I suppose it is all a matter of perspective ;)

Saw one deer hanging out in the raspberry brambles, and stopped in several spots along the route to enjoy the raspberries, blueberries and blackberries myself. Yum!


No comments: