Thursday, August 6, 2015

Fourth Time's a Charm...

I've only been trying to run this 10 miles since Monday... ha! 4th time's a charm, I guess ;)

Finally managed to get up with the alarm at 4:00 am and get out the door with enough time in the morning for a run out to Head of Tides. And it was a really nice morning for it! Cool temps without a lot of humidity, quiet trails, mist rising up from the Heath, and better yet, no deerflies! Hurray. I am sure they aren't gone for good yet, but it was nice to get in a run without having to whack them off my shoulders every few minutes. Oh, and of course, made a stop along the powerlines on the return trip to eat some delicious blueberries and blackberries. Yum!

Mist rising from the Heath

Yesterday I managed a rather tired, unhappy stomach, 6.6 mile lollypop out in the Cathance. As noted above, my body just did not want to get moving, so the 4:00 am wake-up turned into a 5:15 am wake-up, hence the shortened run. Ah well, better some than none ;)

No comments: