Saturday, July 5, 2014

Stonecat Wander

This morning brought with it bright blue skies, cooler temps and a nice breeze. Ryan and I left Sam happily playing with Grammie and Grampie and headed over to Willowdale to run (most of) the Stonecat course. Things were pretty squishy, muddy, puddly out there after the rains from yesterday, that's for sure! It was a lovely morning for a run in the woods, and fun to have the chance to run with Ryan. We saw six snakes sunning themselves out along the trail - 4 garter and 2 black racer snakes - and one little toad hopping up the trail too.

Despite having, as Ryan noted, run over 100 miles on this particular loop, there are still stretches that manage to confuse me out there, but luckily we had a map with us just in case :-) We cut off a little bit of the course but not as much as we had originally intended and ended up with a little over 11 miles. Well, actually, my Garmin read only 10.79, which is just plain odd, as I have the newer watch, but apparently I had it set on "smart record," meaning it was recording less data points, so it appears to have cut off a few of the zigs and zags along the way. I've changed it to record every second, which I suppose will lessen how much data the watch can hold, but we'll see.

While we were running, Sam dragged Grammie and Grampie out onto the back lawn and they played ball and ran around for 2 hours. Looks like fun to me!

Kick!

Fun with Grammie

Good throw!

Oh, and a few donuts were eaten too :-)

Yum!

No comments: