Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Is That A Fish In My Shoe?!

I have gotten out of the habit of looking at the weather forecast. So this morning, I got up a little after 5:00 and went through my normal routine of getting ready for an early morning run. As I picked up my Garmin from the windowsill, I looked out and noticed it had just started to rain. I shrugged my shoulders. Oh well, I guess I was going to get wet. With the rain and the fact that it was still before 6:00 am, the woods were dark, and the roots, rocks and bog bridges were slick. It was raining pretty good, and if I wasn't getting wet from above, I was getting wet from the car wash that is the overgrown grass and ferns along the trailside.

As I climbed back up from the river onto the old road that runs by the Ecology Center, the rain stopped, and the deer flies came out. "Oh darn," I said to myself," The rain stopped. The bugs are out!" Well, apparently that thought was all it took ;) The heavens opened up, and this time it was serious. Buckets of rain! I was definitely drenched now! The trail, and then the cart paths, turned to small streams as the water rushed down the inclines. There was no avoiding the puddles. I got back home after 5 miles and 50 minutes, water-logged, and of course, once I got in the shower, the rain stopped. Guess the weather gods are telling me I should look at the weather a bit more closely from now on ;)

No comments: