Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Other Brad

I just looked back through the blog to see when we had run at Bradley Palmer last. It was the end of March when I ran 22 miles there in prep for the TARC Spring Classic. Hard to believe we didn't get there at all this summer, but I suppose that since we didn't even get to Willowdale as we had hoped for any Stonecat recon runs, so I shouldn't be too surprised.

In any event, it is always nice to run at the "other" Brad. We got a bit of a later start than planned, as all of us slept in after a rough night of coughing from Sam. I got up at 8:00, Sam got up at 8:30 and Ryan didn't get up until 9:30 :-) I don't think that's happened for a long time! We finally got out on the trails around noon, and without even any discussion, set out on the GAC Fat Ass course. I know there are other nice trails to run, but it's just so easy to head out and know where we're going, what distance we're running, and not have to think about much else. Talk about creatures of habit :-) Still, I do like this loop, It's a nice mix of terrain and takes in a good portion of the park. I especially love the singletrack section in the middle as it wanders around through the woods and up the hill. I think I might have been a bit too enthusiastic on this stretch today - almost left Ryan in the dust - ha! ;) Just seems the perfect grade to run, and for some reason it's always fun to push it to the top. We kept the pace pretty snappy the whole way and got in a good 6 miles before heading back to Georgetown for round #2 of Thanksgiving. I'll be glad to be back to regular eating tomorrow, but as always, it sure was fun to eat pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner the day after Thanksgiving!

No comments: