Thursday, November 14, 2013

Family

Phyllis, this one's for you! Sam has become very interested in how words are spelled, what the first letter of certain words is, and writing different words. The other night she decided she wanted to write down the names of everyone in her family. We started with just us, but then she said, "And Morgan..." and so then we added on everyone on my side of the family. Then it was on to a new piece of paper and Ryan's side of the family. I just love these two pages! They are not perfect - Great Grammie, you got a bit smooshed into Grammie, sorry!, and there are a few stray letters here and there - but overall, they are pretty darn great.



---

On the running front, I'm still taking it nice and easy. Ryan's work schedule has him working 10:00 - 7:00 one day a week, so as this was his morning to go into work late, he took Sam into daycare this morning, which meant I was able to go out for my short 3-miler at 7:00 am and not be up at the crack of dawn. The sky was beautiful this morning - lots of light and fluffy clouds, with hints of blue sky showing through beyond, and just a wonderous light. And although it was cool out, the air was still and dry, so it just felt like a great morning to be out. It probably helped that I actually managed to crank out 3 sub-9:00 miles on the essentially flat 3-mile loop that took me through the neighborhood, along Highland Green Road and back home on the powerlines. :-) I won't let that get to my head, but it sure was nice to have my legs feeling like they could actually move again!

No comments: